Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Paris 1, Alice 0

Once upon a time in Paris it rained for two and a half months. One person thought of building in ark and sailing south. Then one went on vacation and returned and found that the Paris she had left behind was no more. The sun was shining! The weather was warm! Not a cloud in the sky! Picnics galore! One decided the weather in Paris was not so bad after all. Then Paris laughed and returned to its true colors.

Yesterday I was walking with my friend Justine who is visiting from Boston to the Eiffel Tower. I thought I felt a rain drop but thought to myself, oh pish posh, it's summer time, there's only a few clouds, no need to worry. Then I felt more raindrops. Then it started pouring. Literally pouring down rain. And that was 7 hours ago. And it hasn't stopped. And theweatherchannel.com says that it is going to rain until Monday! And I am sad.

But I do have reason to rejoice! Yesterday was my last day of phonetics - and I passed! As a special treat for me and my teacher I decided to pronounce everything like Lumiere from Beauty and the Beast. At one point she came over my microphone to try to correct me but I stayed true to the Lumiereness of it all and she finally gave up. It was thrilling. In other French news, today in class it became apparent that I no longer speak French. Which was...really sad. Prize goes to whoever can explain an antecedent to me in English and the difference between qui and que in French. I'd ask Roomie but I think we'd run into the same woo v. who confusion of the last time she gave me a French lesson.

No comments: